An impressive panel of judges has been assembled to help us select the top Keis Inspiring Rider/s for the 2021-2022 winter season. The panel includes four highly accomplished motorcycle adventurers, racers, marketeers, and journalists, who know a thing or two about inspiring motorcyclists to brave new heights (both figuratively and literally).
The 2021-2022 Judges
Paddy Tyson began motorcycling as a student in the late 80s, worked as a dispatch rider for just over a decade, is a qualified riding instructor, and has ridden on most of the world’s continents for extended periods. He has been editor of Overland Magazine since its inception in 2011 and is founder and organiser of Overland Events Ltd, which celebrates everything to do with overland motorcycle travel. He has become a keen competitor in classic long-distance trials recently, but his mind is never far from the next big trip. From the high Himalayas to crossing Canada in winter, he understands cold-weather riding.
Overlander and double Guinness World Record holder for global motorcycling including the official fastest ride around the World and the top to the bottom. Co-founder and director of GlobeBusters Motorcycle Expeditions & Tours. Kevin is a RoSPA Diploma Advanced rider who has completed 2 continuous circumnavigations of the World and ridden from North to South America 9 times. Crossed Central Asia and China 9 times and numerous trips through Africa and other locations around the World including Iceland, South Korea and Japan. Currently the official Adventure Travel Partner with Triumph Motorcycles.
Dan Sager has 30+ years’ experience in the motorcycle industry, working with brands as diverse as Watsonian Sidecars, Sena Bluetooth communications and Keis heated clothing. During that time, he's been instrumental behind-the-scenes in setting two worlds records - the youngest motorcyclist to circumnavigate with world and fastest motorcycle towing a trailer - so he's no stranger to inspiring rides. A lifelong motorcyclist, when he isn't at work, Dan is currently on a mission to find the best biker scran in the kingdom.
Brittany Cuthbert is an ex-FIM International ladies motocross competitor, who worked her way up the ranks from multiple South African regional and national ladies champion, to back-to-back Africa Cup of Nations ladies champion, to racing at Grand Prix level in the United Kingdom, France and Germany. Brittany started riding two wheels at the age of 6 and has experience in the fields of Motocross, Supermoto, Offroad, Enduro and more recently, on-road touring. With a degree in Media and Marketing, Brittany looks after the digital activity for Motohaus Powersports Ltd and the Keis Apparel brand.
The Judging Criteria
While we believe that all the finalists have inspired us to ride more in some way this winter - and all the finalists are great positive advocates for our growing UK winter motorcycle community - unfortunately, we must eventually select a winner, (or winners).
There are five content criteria that each finalist will be judged by:
- Engagement: (a value out of 20). To what extent (quantity) has a finalist’s winter-riding content engaged UK viewers/readers? Are their followers liking and commenting on the posts and are the finalists responding to them, e.g. answering any questions or being brand advocates themselves.
- Inspiration: (a value out of 20). How well did the finalist's content succeed in making their audience feel like they wanted to get out and ride during our winter season?
- Originality: (a value out of 20). Whether it was the concept, or the context. A unique idea, or a fresh new angle. Did the Keis Inspiring Rider create any original content? Any original ideas that fitted their platform, following and influencer style.
- Quality: (a value out of 20). In comparison with most user-produced motorcycle content, has the Keis Inspiring Rider managed to provide a high level of finish to their winter riding content? High quality images or well put together and edited videos, well written captions or pieces.
- Informative: (a value out of 20). Did a Keis Inspiring Rider's audience learn something new or interesting about a relevant aspect of motorcycling in the winter season? Whether about motorcycles, gear, riding, routes, etc.
Judges will award each finalist a score per criteria, which combine to represent a numeric value of how inspiring each finalist has been this winter (1st November 2021 to 15th March 2022),
Depending on how close the scores, Keis Apparel may decide whether there is one, or more, finalists to be crowned as the 2021 to 2022 UK’s Most Inspiring Winter Rider/s.
Finalists will be notified of the results by the 31st March 2022, followed by a public announcement.